Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Big Moooove

This morning our cattle needed relocated from their home on a hay field to their new home in a corn field. It wasn't too far from one field to the other, so an old fashioned cattle drive was the best way to move the girls.

Originally my job was going to be to stop traffic since the cows needed to cross the HIGHWAY. You know, the kind of highway where the speed limit is 55, but everyone drives 70?! I was very relieved to get the phone call that the Owyhee County sheriff would be meeting me there.

It was quite a sight, with all the cows headed down the road, Travis and Jake Speelmon on horseback yelling and rounding up the cows, one of our employees at the front tossing hay, another employee at the rear on a four wheeler, a couple of police in the road blocking traffic, me using my suburban as a fence, and the local newspaper taking pictures!

Isn't life grand?
















4 comments:

MByram said...

That's a pretty cool sight! I wish somebody would have taken YOUR picture though! :)

Megan said...

I love it!!! I want to help next time. I have a stick horse--will that work?

mindy said...

whoda thunk that this would be your life. :o)

tracebizz said...

It's cool picture
thanks to share it....

http://software-top.blogspot.com