Thursday, May 27, 2010

Thirty Six!

Travis turned 36 yesterday! Despite my efforts over the years, I can't seem to convince him that birthdays are a big deal. We celebrated with pizza and then we surprised him with a new tv! Our old one has the closed captioning on all the time and does strange things with the volume all by itself. I knew Travis wouldn't buy a new one, so I surprised him. For once he didn't have a clue. The key to that? Not telling any of the kids!

I also arranged to surprise him with a birthday song and treats at mutual. However, by early evening he was feeling a bit under the weather and decided not to go. Sherri (the young women's president) and I tried to get him there, but were unsuccessful. I finally just told him what we had planned and the kids and I sang to him. He was not feeling well enough to share any of the giant cookie.

Well, happy birthday Travis! We sure love you and are grateful for all you do for our family. You certainly keep us laughing :)







1 comment:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

happy birthday Trav! :)

(great gift Jamie!)