Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Flood has Ended

Incredibly, the damage from the flood continues. It has been an insurance nightmare, and as construction projects seem to go, the work has not gone smoothly. A couple weeks ago, the carpet installer came to put new carpet and pad in each end of the basement hall. While he was here I was outside working. When he was done and leaving I asked how it looked. "It no match" was his reply. IT NO MATCH?!?! I went downstairs to find I had paid $800.00 for carpet that was at least three shades darker than the rest of the hall. I made a call to our carpet salesman who came out to verify that it looked terrible. He said my only option was to take carpet from one of my upstairs rooms, use it as a patch for the downstairs hall, and then pick a new carpet for the room upstairs. I decided to recarpet the piano room. He told me that would be an additional $800.00! After stepping WAY outside my comfort zone and arguing my point that they told me it would be a perfect match and that we should have gone with the end plan all along, they agreed to pay. Although I wish I didn't have to do anything, I do love the new piano room carpet. I also love the smell of new carpet. Now I think the room needs painted...

It looks like the insurance check to pay for all the damage will be here today as well. Do I dare say I think the flood is over?




"It no match"



1 comment:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

oh my goodness. it's just never ending...... :(

glad you got it worked out!