Monday, April 26, 2010

First Grade Field Trip


Nicole, Emma, and Jake (oh, I mean Emalie)




It is tradition that the Homedale Elementary first grade classes go to the zoo for their annual field trip. Grandma Jo came out to stay with Jake, Megan, and Justin so I was able to go. It was such a fun day to spend with Emma. She is such a joy to be around, everything is easy with her. I love to watch how she interacts with her classmates and friends, and I loved having the day to talk--just the two of us. We were assigned to other girls from Emma's class to tour the zoo with us. The one girl was like taking Jake to the zoo! Note to self: never volunteer to take the child whose desk is separated from the other students and placed right next to the teacher's desk.

Once we returned home I found that Mary Poppins had been to visit. My fridge was clean, every laundry hamper emptied and washed, and almost all of the wash had been ironed. She is magical.

No comments: