Thursday, October 1, 2009

MILEY

Months ago, Annie suckered me into looking up Miley Cryus. 2009 tour schedule. She wasn't coming to Boise, but she was coming to Salt Lake. So, wihtout the girls knowing I planned a little trip just for them. Mom, Dad, Annie and Emma. Grandma came to stay with the little ones on the first day and Keri and Amber split the second (THANK YOU!!!). The morning of the concert the girls got ready like it was a regular day and as they were getting ready to go, I informed them that their outfit choice was not good. I said why don't you wear Hannah Montana shirts instead because WE ARE GOING TO HER CONCERT TONIGHT!!! These two have been very patient this year. Life has been quite chaotic and they have been great big sisters and help to me. They deserved a little time just for them.



Once there, there was only one place for dinner...the California Pizza Kitchen! Wow I love it.




Miley's tour buses and semis closed down entire block of downtown Salt Lake City!





























As for the concert, well....Miley was sick. She got into her second song and went running of the stage right in the middle to puke!! She managed to come back out, but took plenty of breaks and shortened the songs. We were done before 9:30. The girls loved every minute of it. Travis and I were completely caught of guard by Miley's choice of clothing. Wow.

Oh, I should mention there is a great big screen to which you can text message while you wait for the concert. Travis got us on there twice! First by saying we were the Kraupps all the way from Russia (ha! two generations ago!) and the second by informing the whole arena that I had a big green booger hanging out my nose. Never a dull moment with that guy.















We got up early Wednesday morning and went to see the Joseph Smith movie in the Legacy theatre on temple square. We saw it when it came out in 2005, but the girls were able to understand so much more this time. It was a powerful experience. We also took the tour of the conference center and it was really neat to see it all set and ready for general conference this weekend. How fun for the girls to be able to turn conference on Saturday and realize they were just there.









3 comments:

sromriell said...

What a great trip for you guys. Im so glad you went. Amber enjoyed getting all the texts from you guys...we laughed so hard...love the messages travis put up...you guys are the BEST!!!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

OH how fun!!!!

Well deserved trip for those great girl helpers of yours!

sounds like great memories were made. I am totally drooling over where you ate! ;) ha ha ha.....

hugs!

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

I can't believe your twins are one already! That's crazy. I wish I would have known that Miley was in Salt Lake! My girls would have LOVED to go! Sounds like such a fun trip with just the older girls. You guys are fun parents!