Monday, May 18, 2009

Oh, Jake! (again)

All the naughtiness was exhausting!






The other day I was in the kitchen making jam when the phone rang. It was Travis telling me that Jake had driven one of the Little Tikes jeeps to the corner of Allendale and Hoskins road. For those of you unfamiliar with the terrain, that is about a half mile first down a steep hill and the up an even steeper one! We go there everyday to pick Emma up from the bus. Somehow I have failed miserable y in helping Jake understand the reality of danger. He fears nothing including strangers, water, and obviously the road. I can only imagine Travis' surprise when her turned the corner and there was Jake driving up the road in a pink jeep. Travis swiftly gave Jake a spanking he will not soon forget and then made him drive home but this time Travis drove right behind him. I said a quick prayer thanking our Heavenly Father for protecting Jake once again, then I grabbed my camera I knew it was going to be quite a sight. As Travis drove behind Jake he would honk just to antagonize him. Jake was already drying and every time the horn would honk he would bellar even louder. When Jake got in the house he spent some quality time with his nose in the corner. We are still waiting for a sensible explanation from Jake on what on earth he was trying to do.

2 comments:

Karen Howell said...

In that picture with Jake asleep on the couch, he looks so much like Aaron!

mindy said...

oh my heavens! I guess it's a good thing you live out in the middle of nowhere! I can imagine how you must have felt. One time Clive was about 3 years old and we saw him walking home from something by himself. I think it was an activity at the church. I about died and the church is only about 2 blocks away!