Monday, May 18, 2009

Hooray for Me!


The Wilder Methodist Church invited all the other churches in the valley to a chili cook off. A few hours before the event, we found out that our ward was missing an entry. Travis asked if I could whip up a batch of chili. Now, Travis doesn't care much for chili so I don't know that I have ever made it. So, I googled quick chili recipes and from that kind of created my own that I dubbed "3 Bean Missionary Chili" Ha! I wasn't very far into cooking, when the Monica Gellar in me came out and I wanted to win! I didn't, but I did get third place. Rumor has it that I also won the people's choice award, but the Methodists decided to give only one award per person. I would much rather have had first place in the people's choice than third from the judges! :) Also, I am convinced that the nice little grandma who won first from the judges used canned chili! Scandalous.