Thursday, March 5, 2009

What a Weekend!!

Annie was baptized this weekend. It was such a special day. We are so proud of the strong, sweet spirit she is. She claims not to have been nervous at all, but the ride over to the stake center was adorable--so many questions--we had to go over every detail of what was about to take place. Annie and I were both touched by the number of people that came to support her. The primary room was full. A lot of people traveled quite some distance to be with us. Annie was the last baptism of the day and the water was a little cold, but she was a trooper. Both Grandma Jo and Grandma Amy spoke, and Emma and three cousins sang "I am a Child of God". The spirit was so strong. Travis and I both started to blubber in the opening song! Having kids grow up is so hard and so wonderful all at the same time.

This is all family!





After we were home from the baptism, we sat all the kids down to tell them that their dad was going to be the new Bishop of our ward. We really didn't know how they would react. Annie couldn't stop giggling. She and Emma both still find it a little bit funny. Travis and I are not laughing! Sunday was a really special day and we were so grateful to have the support of our families. After Travis' dad's last visit we were worried about him traveling again. We are so grateful he could come and it was really special to have him standing in the circle as Travis was ordained and set apart as bishop. Now that the weekend is over, reality begins. Poor Travis can't seem to call himself bishop. He makes phone calls for church business and skips the phone introductions hoping that the person on the other line will recognize his voice so he doesn't have to tell them it is Bishop Kraupp!! We know you are all praying for us, we feel it and we are very grateful.

1 comment:

mindy said...

What a wonderful (and spiritually overwhelming!) weekend. I didn't even recognize your parents in the family picture! How is your dad doing? Will you tell them both hello for me? I know my mom runs into you fairly frequently at the temple and such, and she said she saw you all at Mark's open house thing.

Anyways, reading your account of Annie's baptism makes me a little weirded out because that will be us a little over a year from now with Zion. I have vivid memories of being 8 and getting baptized, and to think that I'll be the mom of an 8 year old completely trips me out. Oh well, life is just weird sometimes. And probably more often if your husband gets called to be a young bishop. ;o) I hope he gets (or got) himself some outgoing counselors. Look forward to hearing more updates from The Bishop's Wife. And I hope your ward has great young women who will help you with the kiddos during Sacrament meeting!