Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ouch!



Emma, Jake, the babies, and I went to a friend's house for lunch yesterday. I hadn't been there fifteen minutes when I heard Jake crying. I knew he was hurt. As I got close I heard Emma instructing the younger kids to go get her mom and tell her Jake is bloody. Bless her heart she didn't want to leave him.
At my friend's house life is always a party. In so many ways I wish I had that in me. Apparently, she and her kids have decided the best way to get to their basement is to sled down the stairs. Yup, a winter sled on carpeted stairs. Jake's chin is good evidence that sleds and stairs don't mix well. He and Emma went down together and his chin hit her head.

I got Jake to our pediatrician where it was decided that glue was a better option that stitches. It was really nice to avoid the trauma of stitching it up, but the glue feels strange and I am constantly trying to distract him from picking at it. He has broken it open again just a bit, so the scar will be not so subtle.



2 comments:

Karen Howell said...

Oooh, it makes me queasy just looking at the pictures. Poor Jake. Hope it heals quickly!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

Oh goodness! Life is always a party at your house Jamie with Jake around! ;)

Hope he's OK now. HOw sweet of Emma....what a good big sister.