Friday, March 20, 2009

Locks of Love

The new Annie

Before...

A while ago Annie started talking about cutting her hair. I explained locks of love to her and after careful thought and consideration she decided to go for it. I didn't make the appointment right away because I wanted to make sure she was certain. There have been many around us who have donated their hair--our neighbor Kambell, friend Molly, cousin Savannah, and after seeing their results Annie decided she wanted to go for it. I made the appointment and she was literally counting the hours until it was time to go. She did so well and looks beautiful. However, when we got to the car her big smile turned to tears and she proclaimed she had made a bad decision and missed her hair. My heart broke. She cried for a couple of hours and has decided never to leave the house or go back to school. She is slowly adjusting and left the house last night for a hot dog roast at the neighbor's house and really seems good this morning. I wish she could see how beautiful she is, but all she sees is short hair. Lucky for Annie hair grows back. We are so proud of her for deciding to donate her hair.

4 comments:

mindy said...

wow, she looks great! very sophisticated and grown up. she reminds me of Kit in the Kit Kittredge movie. I hope she gets to liking it soon.

Karen Howell said...

Dear Annie,

I saw your cute haircut. It looks really cute. My hair is almost the same length. And the fun parts are: it doesn't take very long to wash, and it doesn't get very many tangles, and you can do lots more of fun things with your new haircut. You made a really good choice. And at first I didn't feel like doing that, and then Mom explained to me even more, and so I decided to do it, and I got my hair cut. Some little girl will get some hair made into a wig. I remember when my cousin Spencer was sick and he didn't have any hair. That was sad for him. It would be even sadder if a little girl didn't have any hair. Because we made a good choice, there is a little girl who will get to have a beautiful wig of real hair. It will make her very happy. I'm really happy you did that.

Love Savannah

sromriell said...

Annie you look so cute. Heather did that same thing a couple of years ago and it made her feel really good. That is a very neat thing for you to do. You are such a beautiful girl. Amber says your hair is so cute!! We love you :)

Rice Family said...

Annie,
Your hair is so cute! I cant wait to see you at church tomarrow!! You are so brave for cutting your hair. Im sure that Heavenly Father is very proud of you, I know Travis and I are!! You have grown up so much in the past month!
Love You Annie Jo