Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gegan and Dustin


With the video of the adorable jabbering twins all over the morning shows and the Internet, there has been a lot of talk about twins and their connection. Just the other morning I was talking to my mom about Justin and Megan and their special bond. She encouraged me to write down how tender their relationship is. Years from now I want to remember how much they needed each other when they were two. They don't have their own language, but 90% of the time they do poop within minutes of each other. I'm waiting for the call from Good Morning America.


Justin needs Megan. He just does. They have had their own rooms since summer but still need each other to have a good night's sleep. This past weekend while visiting Grandma and Papa I tried to have Justin sleep by me. He slept very restlessly, calling out for "Gegan" even in his sleep. "Gegan" is always looking out for "Dustin". Really, I wouldn't mess with him if I were you or you will be answering to her. Just ask the doctor at Quick Care. I took Justin in for a prolonged high fever and when the doctor pinned him down to look down his throat, Megan stepped right up very sternly telling her, "Hey! Stop that!". Megan is not afraid to let Justin have it, but she is the only one allowed. He never fights back, not physically. He's such a gentleman. He's been Megan's biggest potty training cheerleader (after he decided it wasn't gross), and one of these days I'm sure she will decide he needs to stop wearing a diaper and just boss him into doing it the right way.


Though they keep me on my toes, there is no greater blessing than to have two spirits come at the same time. They have always known each other and separation just wasn't an option. We are so lucky to have them.

No comments: