Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wedding Day

When I was pregnant with Justin and Megan, about 20 weeks in Dr. Davis told me my cleaning days were over. We were fortunate to meet Chalice--a house cleaner extraordinaire. She cleaned and scrubbed until the twins were born, and has continued spending a few hours a week helping me get everything done.

The day I met her she began telling me the story of how she planned to never marry and live with her parents forever. Well, this year on Valentine's day she had a major change of heart. She started dating Nathan and within weeks they were engaged. Chalice was very nervous about the wedding ceremony and all the planning. One Tuesday she was telling me she needed to find someone she didn't have to pay much to perform the ceremony. "Travis will do it for free!" I found myself blurting out...

And so it began--Chalice and Nathan wanted Travis to marry them and they wanted to be married in our church. Mother's Day weekend was the big day. Travis did amazing. There were 200 people there from Chalice's church and wow was Travis nervous! Chalice brought me the pictures today and I thought I would share.







1 comment:

mindy said...

That's really neat! How cool that Travis was able to help her out, when it sounds like she has been a tremendous help to your family.