Friday, October 17, 2008

Home Alone

After a month with Grandma Jo, we said good-bye on Tuesday afternoon. Talk about a tough farewell! I was so overwhelmed with first gratitude for all her help and secondly with fear--a little worried about how we were going to manage on our own. I am happy to report we are doing well, but we still would prefer grandma to move in permanantly. I worry the most about Jake. In fact he just now decided he wants some popcorn, but I have been feeding Justin. He informed me, "I want some popcorn. Put your boob away." Annie and Emma are doing very well. They are so willing to help. Yesterday I was feeding Megan and Justin decided he was starving. Emma very patiently held a crying Justin for 10 minutes while I finished with Megan. It was really special to watch her comfort him and love him. Grandma Jo and I have caught her more than once in the past few weeks holding one of her new siblings just staring at them at what seemed to be pure amazement and love.
The babies due date was yesterday. I am so grateful to have them here and we are overwhelmed by how blessed we have been. What a miracle to have two perfect babies!
Why doesn't this happen in the middle of the night?!

Just finished a round of kisses

Again, in the middle of the day instead of the middle of the night...



Justin is getting fatter by the day!








2 comments:

Joey and Michelle Chandler Family said...

So do you get any sleep at night? That's sweet that your girls are such good helpers. Good thing you had the girls first, you have a couple of extra little mothers.

Rice Family said...

Does Justin kringe at the site of dad getting his cheek kisses already? If not Im sure Jake will teach him that soon! Maybe he will learn to walk early to run away from dad. I can't believe how much Justin looks like Travis, and how much hair Megan has oh my goodness. Well I cant wait to see you guys next month.
Love
Mandy