Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back to School Night

I had an appointment with the doctor yesterday. Actually, I had an appointment with the nurse because my doctor is fishing in Alaska until one week from today. I was feeling a little different yesterday. It was difficult to describe, but I just felt different. She checked everything out and nervously told us I was beginning to progress and in order to make it another week I needed to do nothing. We would love to make it another week for the babies health and for the doctor's attendance. So, today was my first day of nothing. I suddenly feel very blessed to not have these instructions earlier. We were warned bed rest could come early, but it did not and I am very thankful because man was I bored today! I found myself making a lot of lists. I guess if I can't complete projects I will delegate them out. Bless her heart my mom will be nesting for me from a list I created. While she is nesting I am sure I will just be making more lists! I find it soothing...Thanks mom!

Since yesterday's development, Annie has increased her level of excitement and worry. Tonight was back to school night and she has been so excited for us to come see her class, her papers, and her desk. She quietly whispered three or four times to me wondering if I would be able to make it. By 6:00 tonight I was ready to go. Cautious but ready.

We decided to visit Emma's room first. I was so proud of the organization of her cubby that I had to take a picture:

Way to go Emma!

Emma really enjoyed showing us all around her class. She has some beautiful art on the wall and is doing so well. So far everything they are learning is a review, but she patiently does what is asked of her and then upon arriving home is anxious to do just a couple of things that are a bit more of a challenge.
Jake entered Emma's room as though he were a parent. He announced how cute the room was and how good it smelled. Soon he turned to the ever studious student and was ready to work. Mrs. Maybon gladly handed him a work sheet and he got busy right away. He drew a lovely creation then proceeded to count first in English and then in Spanish.

When he was done working he thought he had earned a sticker and made sure Mrs. Maybon got one both on his paper as well as on his hand. (Note her desk in the background....it is under the papers somewhere)

Emma and Mrs. Maybon

After Emma's class it was on to Annie's. As we walked through the door I could feel the order in the air. Mrs. Garrett's room is perfect for Annie. There is an abundance of structure, order and predictability. Annie had quite a few things to show us and gladly allowed me to clean her desk. She is so proud of everything she is doing and with good reason. There are no pictures of Jake in Annie's class. He went from the picture of parenting and studiousness in Emma's room, to a detention bound boy in Annie's room. He discovered the sink and for some reason or another was turning the water on and off and repeating, "what the hell?!" over and over again. Travis and I were just discussing how funny that is when it is NOT your child. Where he has ever heard language like that...must be all the time he has been spending lately with his dad...certainly couldn't be from me!

1 comment:

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

oh my goodness! so glad you were able to make it to back to school night! PLEASE stay off your feet!

I want to come and see you and your "belly" next week! Just cook a bit longer ........

hugs!